Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Life

            My name is Dionysius "Dion" Lardner Boucicault. I was born December 26,1820. As a young boy I knew that I wanted to write magnificent plays. I have been married twice times and I have two children. Their names are Nina Boucicault and Dion Jr. I wanted to go to New York to write and perform my plays. So I eloped with my first wife Anne Guiot in 1845. She was french and alsoa widow. but she died three years later in 1848. I remarried to Anges Robertson, but we divorced. I remarried again to Mies Thorndyke.
           Once  began writing my own plays, I was unsure whether the townspeople would be interested in them, so I went by a fake name. I began writing as LeeMorton. I would also act in my own plays if I did not find anybody that fit the character. Hundreds of people would come see my plays, so I began writing more.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment